Jeanne E. Griffith Mentoring Award
The Jeanne E. Griffith Mentoring Award recognizes individuals working in federal, state, and local government agencies for their efforts in mentoring junior statistical staff.
About the Award
The Jeanne E. Griffith Mentoring award honors Dr. Griffith who died in 2001 after working for more than 25 years in the federal statistical system. The award acknowledges supervisors, technical directors, team coordinators, or other members of federal, state, or local government statistical staff who make unique efforts to mentor and encourage younger staff at all levels to learn and grow, and to recognize and seize career opportunities. The award includes a plaque and a $1,000 honorarium and is managed by the American Statistical Association.
- Rajeshwari Sundaram (National Institutes of Health), 2020
- Sharon Boivin (National Center for Education Statistics), 2019
- Howard Hogan (U.S. Census Bureau), 2018
- Carol G. Crawford (U.S. Government Accountability Office), 2018
- Cynthia Ogden (National Center for Health Statistics), 2017
- Diane L. Willimack (U.S. Census Bureau), 2016
- Aldo "Skip" Vecchia (United States Geological Survey), 2015
- J. Gregory Robinson (U.S. Census Bureau) and Kenneth Schoendorf (National Center for Health Statistics), 2014
- Brian Harris-Kojetin (Office of Management and Budget), 2013
- Bill Mockovak (Bureau of Labor Statistics), 2012
- Jenise L. Swall (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency), 2011
- Deborah H. Griffin (U.S. Census Bureau), 2010
Nominations for the 2021 award can be submitted beginning January 2, 2021.
The nomination package can be mailed or emailed to:
The Jeanne E. Griffith Mentoring Award Committee
c/o The American Statistical Association
732 N. Washington Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-1943
Email: Rick Peterson at email@example.com